cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaraJ

Recording a Meeting - Turn Off "this conference is being recorded" OR make it an option

I found out from Support yesterday that when you start recording your meeting, there is no way to stop the auto announcement "this conference is being recorded".  Apparently, a client wanted this to be a permanent option.  There should be an option for all clients to turn this announcement on or off.

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Recording a Meeting - Turn Off "this conference is being recorded" OR make it an option

Hi @TaraJ, welcome to the community.

In many places it is illegal to record another person without their knowledge, which is why we have the announcement.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
TaraJ

Re: Recording a Meeting - Turn Off "this conference is being recorded" OR make it an optio

I realize that, but we record educational sessions and place them within our LMS.  The only ones on the recording are our educators.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Recording a Meeting - Turn Off "this conference is being recorded" OR make it an optio

@TaraJ Understood, I will share this with the team. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Diana0820
New Contributor

I'm with you there. I'm okay with the announcement happening live, but it's a pain in the rear end to have to edit those few seconds out before I make a recorded session available for on-demand learning. I sometimes have three or four presenters on a recorded session and we stop and start the recording each time we switch because we switch who's controlling the screen share.

Ideally, find a way to include a live notice that isn't captured on the recording's audio. Or let us check a box for when a GTM session is only for purposes of capturing a recording.