cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbazian219
Active Contributor

Remote support issues on new Dell computers

I just got a shipment of new Dell Latitude 7440 laptops.  GTA v5 is basically useless on all of these laptops.  Once connected the remote control is basically non responsive.  I am not in the process of working on the 4th computer and all have the same issue.  The computer is new out of the box with nothing installed other than the factory OS image.

Anyone else having this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Remote support issues on new Dell computers

Hi @bbazian219,

I assume these laptops are running Windows 10 or 11 so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. PC makers like Dell tend to ship their computers with 'helper applications', can you check what is running for any security apps that might be causing a issue with remote control?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
bbazian219
Active Contributor

There is nothing special on the laptops.  Windows 11.  These are corporate laptops, so they do not load a bunch of crapware on them.  The issue is not on a one-off computer issue.  I am having this on everyone.  I do not have any issues with Workspace One Assist and I am finding to have to use it more and more.  GTA is more convenient but if this continues, I will just have to abandon it.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Understood. Please call our toll-free support and demonstrate the issue for one of our representatives so they can gather more details and capture it happening. There are no known issues with controlling a Windows 11 PC, I've checked that the latest version of GTA v5 is able to connect and control my Windows 11 PCs without issue.  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training