cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremy Baxter

Customer created incidents set assignee to unassigned

Hey there

My company is switching to gotoassist service desk and we're trying to get some help with the set up.

Right now, the only issue I'm having is with the default assignee to a customer-created incident.

I would really like for these new incidents to default to unassigned. Is this possible?
4 REPLIES 4
Krista C.

Re: Customer created incidents set assignee to unassigned

Hi Jeremy, 

Unfortunately, there's not a way for incidents to be unassigned completely. However, a work around that you might find useful is to create a group (you could even call it "unassigned" if you wanted) and make this group the default owner for customer created incidents.  

This could function as a normal group, and you could then run reports for that group to pull up the currently unassigned to a technician incidents.

Please let me know if that helps or if you need any further information on how to accomplish this and thank you for using Service Desk!
Jeremy Baxter

Thank you, Krista!

I didn't realize the groups could be used like that. As for the email address assigned to the group, would something like null@null.com be sufficient or will there be errors?

This is better than the workaround i thought up to create a new user named unassigned and eat up one of our user-seats.
Krista C.

Hi Jeremy, 

Glad that works for you!  Yep, groups can be default assignees as long as the group has been granted access to the service. 

As long as the email address is in the proper format, which null@null.com is, you can set that as the group email address.  One thing to keep in mind is that ServiceDesk will send notifications about the ticket to that group address if you select the option to email the group email address rather than the technicians in the group. 
Bcshay
Active Contributor

That's exactly what we do. We use a group for the incident default selects.