cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Fresh New Look Coming March 23, 2015

Hi there, GoToAssist community!

We've got some exciting news to share with you today. Over the past few months, our team of developers and user experience pros has been hard at work refreshing the look of GoToAssist Service Desk. The new design sets the stage for some exciting new features (watch for these later this year), and gets us one step closer to achieving the finest customer experience imaginable across the entire GoToAssist product lineup. Our goal is to make your job easier, and we believe the fresh new design does just that.

The new design rolls out system-wide on March 23, 2015.

About the new design:

New colors, fonts, and spacing

Although the layout hasn't changed (more on that in a minute), we've enhanced the design on multiple fronts. 

Colors – A brand new color scheme helps delineate key areas of the product so you can focus on what’s most important.

Fonts – Varied font sizes improve readability and emphasize important labels and headings.

Spacing – Ample, uniform spacing adds volume to the design and simplifies scanning so you can quickly find what you need.

Same familiar layout

Don’t worry – all the features you depend on are exactly where they were before. We’ve got some really great ideas brewing, but we’ve kept the same familiar layout for now. 

Get a sneak peek 

If you want to check out the new design right away, it’s easy to do. In GoToAssist Service Desk, go to: Configure > Account-Wide Settings > Labs, and then check the “Enable the new look” box. Otherwise, we’ll take care of it for you automatically on March 23

Creating great products is what all of us here at Citrix aim to do. Our hope is that this new design will make your job easier by helping you focus on what’s important and get things done faster. We’re really excited about this, and hope you love the new design as much as we do.

If you have feedback or suggestions, we want to hear from you. Reply to us here, use the Feedback link inside the product (top right), or email our support team anytime at support@gotoassist.com.

Happy assisting!

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
63 REPLIES 63
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: Fresh New Look Coming March 23, 2015

Please keep security in mind with this release. We are still waiting for the service desk to accept inbound TLS connections for SMTP.
Michaelde Jager

I can't see the "...Account-Wide Settings > Labs" links. Any ideas?
jemmyw
Active Contributor

Only account administrators can access this page. The enabled features are applied to the whole account.
Michaelde Jager

okay, many thanks 
David611

Oh man, +1 this!  We just had to inform our IT Steering Committee of this security hole and they are not happy.  Our hand may be forced to look at other Help Desk solutions unfortunately :-/.  Please fix!!!

Bruce Roberts

in the original interface - as a manager - i had a selector for each technician in my incidents dashboard. I tried the new look and i no longer see this selector anymore? This is kind of a key feature for a manager who is overseeing a team of people working on tickets - and for assigning tickets - and for quickly drilling into ticket activity open/closed per person. Am i missing where i can get this functionality in the new look?

Kind of a big deal for us.

jemmyw
Active Contributor

Bruce, this shouldn't have changed. Could you let me know what browser you're using?
Chase Beydler

Very true. I put a ticket in again a few weeks ago and got a "this is on the roadmap but we do not have any other information at this time."
Chase Beydler

Not a fan at all of the new design. All it does is decrease the contrast of all pages making it more difficult to discern information, and added a huge amount of wasted space. A full list of incidents that used to fit on one page is now spread out needing to be scrolled to view. Seems like another hastily pushed out "feature" when there are much more pressing (security) issues that could be addressed.